very low vacuum and how to test fuel pressure

Discussion in 'Sebring' started by Penfighter, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Penfighter

Penfighter

Hello, everyone.
    I have a 2006 2.4 Sebring. The car will not stay idling and runs not smooth even at 2K rpm. Been getting several codes, such as P0016 and P0340. Cam sensor tested ok. Replaced the crank sensor, and then the camshaft magnet. Still very rough idle so checked vacuum and only have 10 inches. Got a Multiple Cylinder Misfire so I sprayed the intake and vacuum lines and no changes noticed. Plugged up the vacuum lines, including the one for brake booster, and no change, only RPM increased when I left a throttle body vacuum line open. Then I got a P2074, MAP sensor tested bad so replaced it. IAC tested ok. Plugs are sooting up equally so not an injector or single cylinder. I wanted to check the fuel pressure, but no Schrader valve on the 2006s. EGR valve functioning. New timing belt is set correctly. New gaskets on intake runners, plugs, etc. 170, 175, 190, 195 are my compression numbers. New plugs. Power to the coil is good. After clearing the codes the car will high idle, but eventually rpms lower and it dies. Still getting a P2074 code.
    A. What can be causing this much of a vacuum leak?
    B. How and where do I check the fuel pressure? Does it take a special gauge?
    C. Anybody know why there is no gasket between the throttle body and intake?

Penfighter, Apr 28, 2017
Ask a Question