PCV location

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by slothworld, Feb 16, 2006.

  1. slothworld

    slothworld Guest

    Where is the pcv valve on an 2001 Sebring V-6 2.7??
    slothworld, Feb 16, 2006
  2. slothworld

    Bill Putney Guest

    Look towards the rear of the driver's side valve cover - you will see a
    hose that goes from the valve cover to the top of the intake plenum.
    The PCV valve is screwed into the plenum - oriented horizontally and
    points to the driver's side - and that hose (from the valve cover) plugs
    into the PCV valve. There probably is a cylindrical metal bulge about
    1-1/2" in diamter in the middle of the length of that PCV hose - that's
    a heat exchanger that was added in the '00-'01 time frame so yours
    probably has it. The heat exchanger would have two smaller (10 or 12mm
    dia.) hoses coming off of it (one teeing into one of the heater hoses at
    the back of the engine, the other going to the pressure bottle).

    Bill Putney
    (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
    address with the letter 'x')
    Bill Putney, Feb 16, 2006
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.