P0132 and P0138 error code on Chrysler Grand Voyager

Discussion in 'Voyager' started by Badr Zain, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Badr Zain

Badr Zain

Hi everyone!

I’m new in this forum and wish that you can help me with my problem.

I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager 2005 and have the engine light on on the dashboard, when I did check to know which fault I have in my car I got these two error codes P0132 and P0138 as you can see in the images below. I searched for the reasons for these codes and all I found was about the Oxygen sensors, so I had changed and replaced two new sensors one for bank 1 and the other one for bank 2.

I also changed the catalyst on the car, but unfortunately the engine light still on and same code were shown when I made the check up several times.

So did anybody had the same problem, or do anybody know what would be the solution for my issue, any advice?

Best regards BZ
    8C7B8E00-9A61-4110-A37E-2CDC0C4D8A84.jpeg F19D1BE0-0318-48FF-B388-391295A31BA4.jpeg

Badr Zain, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Badr Zain

Morley

Just to be sure.. you did reset the codes after doing the work, right?
    Do you have access to a scan tool? If so, check the coolant temp sensor reading with the engine cold, then with it up to operating temp. It should be reporting around 200* F at normal operating temp. If it is way lower than that you have your culprit. If the PCM thinks the engine temp is very low it will add too much fuel and trip your 02 sensor faults
    If no scan tool you can check the resistance across the sensor terminals cold, then remove it and drop it in boiling water and read the resistance after its been in there a couple minutes. at 212 degrees F should read right around 177 ohms at 70 degrees F it should read around 467 ohms
    If it reads very high at room temp, like 1k ohms or higher, replace it right away, don't bother boiling it. You can do the same test for the inlet air temp sensor

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Morley, Oct 7, 2019
Ask a Question