Intermittent Blower motor on '97 Grand Voyager

Discussion in 'Voyager' started by KWAK, Aug 9, 2014.

1. KWAK

KWAK

Folks,

I have a 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager, 3.3L engine, with 187,000 miles on it. I have 2 electrical problems that I have not been able to fix, and can use some help with.

1) The dashboard lights do not work most of the time. There are instances when the lights will come on, but it is very rare. The controller had been changed by a dealer, but that did not help. There had been a time when the chiggling the key would cause the lights to come on, but that does not work anymore.

2) The blower motor is intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. When it does not work at startup, it will eventually start after about 15 minutes. What do I look for?

The dashboard lights have been a problem for the last 2 years. The blower motor issue just started a few months ago.

Any suggestions will be most helpful.

KWAK, Aug 9, 2014
  2. KWAK

Morley

Dash lights will probably be the instrument cluster printed circuit board with a bad solider joint. There are several write ups on that one and some you tube videos on how to fix it
    For the blower motor, do you have the automatic temp control or the manual? For the manual controls there is a resistor pack in the engine compartment above the blower motor, it sticks through the firwewall and has a largish connector on it in the engine bay and is held in place by 2 small bolts. Remove the bolts and pull it into the engine bay then disconnect the connector.

Morley, Oct 7, 2019
Ask a Question