Horn... yet again

Discussion in 'Voyager' started by Morley, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Morley

Morley

Hi.
    I have a 97 grand Voyager 3.3L and the horn has never worked since I got it about 7 years ago. The Air Bag light wasn't on at the time but eventually did come on. I replaced the clock spring but the horn still didn't work ( air bag light went off though) I checked and there is no actuation power to the relay when the horn button is pressed. Removed the air bag and checked for continuity when pressing the horn button and it is good.
    From what I can see from wiring diagrams I can get to, the next stop for power from the button is to a relay in the BCM ( is this correct?)
    Has anyone ever tried to bypass the BCM and wire in an external relay to operate the horn? And does anyone have a known correct wiring diagram for the horn? I looked at one from Autozone but others out there say there is a relay and fuse on the interior fuse panel, mine doesn't have those

Morley, Oct 6, 2019
Ask a Question