Coolant Heater "Y" split open!

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by 2010T&C, Aug 21, 2014.

1. 2010T&C

2010T&C

After 75K miles on my T&C, the first failure has occurred! The "Y" splitter that divides the coolant and redirects the flow to both the front and rear heater cores failed right at the seam! The local mechanic wants $250 to fix it and the dealer wasn't any cheaper, they want $500. Both will replace the splitter with a factory part. Here's my problem... The factory part is manufactured using plastics and molded in two halves then welded leaving the unreliable seam. Did I mention that the weld seams are parallel to the direction of the flow?

So, after some internet searches, I found what seems to be a more reliable fix. One that doesn't use plastic parts with seams. The last thing I want to do is the same task over again.

So, if the fix on the internet is more reliable, this will be the ONLY post of this type...

Getting to the question...

Do I need to bleed the air out of my 2010 Chrysler Town & Country engine cooling system? If so How?

2010T&C, Aug 21, 2014
Ask a Question