Changing a fuel line hose..quick connectors

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by e62836, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. e62836

    e62836 Guest

    I need to change one of the rubber fuel line hoses leading that comes
    out of the sending unit on a 93 Sundance. It looks like a pretty
    straight forward operation however I can't determine how the "quick
    connectors" go on and come off. It doesn't look like there are any
    clips or anything of that nature to loosen or tighten them. Can anyone
    enlighten me as to how they work and is there anything special I should
    know about the process of changing the fuel line? I know that I have to
    somehow relieve the pressure in the system although I 'm not quite sure
    how to do that.
    Any information would be appreciated.
    e62836, Aug 4, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. e62836

    e62836 Guest

    I have been told that the term "quick connector" may be incorrect in
    regard to my previous e-mail. I am referring to the bands at either end
    of the hose that hold it in place. They are some sort of clamp but I
    don't know what their proper name is.
    e62836, Aug 4, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. e62836

    David Guest

    Take a screw driver under the thick side of the clip. (pointed side) and pry
    up. They are a u-shape clip and slip on and off fairly easily.
    David, Aug 4, 2005
  4. e62836

    e62836 Guest

    Thank You !
    Do you know what the correct name for them is?
    e62836, Aug 4, 2005
  5. e62836

    Joe Pfeiffer Guest

    You mean the hose clamps?
    Joe Pfeiffer, Aug 4, 2005
  6. e62836

    David Guest

    No, I think quick-connect is an acceptable term. Replace them when you put
    it back together. You can get them from any parts store. usually come with a
    new fuel filter and/or pump.
    David, Aug 5, 2005
  7. e62836

    e62836 Guest

    skype: jjpfeifferjr

    After further research I found that I was mistaken about the parts
    involved and how they fit together. Apparently the end of the quick
    connectors slide into the rubber fuel line hose and there is another
    ring of some sort that fits around the end of the hose and secures it
    to the quick connector. I thought that I could just take the ring off,
    slide the hose off of the quick connector and then put the new hose on
    with a new ring. Apparently it would be just as easy to take everything
    off including the quick connector. This brings up another question: how
    does that ring secure to the end of the hose?
    e62836, Aug 5, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.