Cam & Crank Sensor resistance values

Discussion in 'Concorde' started by covey6, Dec 31, 2013.

1. covey6

covey6

Grand daughters 96 Concorde with 3.3 had a ground cable come loose and it died. Her Dad put on a new ground but it wouldn't go and when they tried, it pulled the battery right down to nothing (like 4 or 5 volts) but wouldn't turn over. He put in a new coil. Still wouldn't go. They messed around some more and finally brought it out to Gramps. (My labor rates are way less than Goodyear) The starter was toast and I replaced that. Got it turning over fine.(My parts prices are less too) Can't get it to fire. I've run through the Haynes Book by the numbers. All of which brings me to the question of the cam & crank sensors. I've checked both and they both show proper voltage and "some" resistance. I need to know what the "acceptable" resistance is for these to be good before Gramps has to give up and just throw another Hundred Bucks at this thing. Please help a poor old guy hold on to his retirement dollars!

covey6, Dec 31, 2013
  2. covey6

covey6

Never mind! According to troubleshootmyvehicle.com you can't check this sensor with a resistance test. What do I know? At least I think I've got some good ideas here from this site.

covey6, Jan 2, 2014
Ask a Question