Audiovox Alarm operation ?

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by aljewell, Dec 29, 2004.

1. aljewell

aljewell Guest

I have a Audiovox alarm I believe is an aftermarket unit on my '93 voyager.I bought
    the car with the alarm equipped - I asked the previous owner how the alarm worked and he told me "you don't want to know"!
    Well now I do want to know because that damn thing has a mind of its own and goes off about once a week -usually when I am entering the car- and I don't know how to shut it off. I usually let it time out -sometimes that will take about 10 min.
    There is a small toggle switch at the bottom of the dash that I keep turned off and I disconnected the grd wire from the the horn to keep that thing shut up. It has a 2 button remote and I think will also control the door locks. I would like to be able to use this alarm but I need some tips on how to arm it and how to disarm it and how to shut it off. I dont know the model no. - I may have to get under the dash to see if the unit has any numbers on it.
    I sure would appreciate any help or maybe just a general description of how these things are supposed to operate . Thanks for any tips.
    Alan

aljewell, Dec 29, 2004
  2. aljewell

RPhillips47 Guest

Did you ever think of contacting Audiovox? They could probably help you - but
    you would have to supply them with a model number or some other identifying
    feature. BTW, if it is on your '93 Voyager, it is an aftermarket unit.

RPhillips47, Dec 29, 2004
  3. aljewell

aljewell Guest

I checked their website and they don't list one that matches my remote.It must be too old. You're right I will need to get under the dash and get a model number and email the company.
    I just thought I might attract someone that
    could give me a quick and dirty idea of how it was supposed to work. I have never had one before and I'm dumber than a stone on these things.
    Thanks for your response.

Alan

aljewell, Dec 29, 2004
Ask a Question