95 LeBaron Conv Top

Discussion in 'LeBaron' started by Allan9, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Allan9

Allan9 Guest

Like new 95 Convertible. Absolute minimal usage 20,000 miles. Top cycles even less than driven. Have a Hydraulic fluid leak under rear seat passenger side. Cannot tell if the line is dry rotted (lack of use) or if the motor (or pump) is bad. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot. Cannot find any drawings or info on the net and Chrysler Corp is less than helpful. Any suggestions in this area would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Al

Allan9, Jul 26, 2005
  2. Allan9

maxpower Guest

Like new 95 Convertible. Absolute minimal usage 20,000 miles. Top cycles even less than driven. Have a Hydraulic fluid leak under rear seat passenger side. Cannot tell if the line is dry rotted (lack of use) or if the motor (or pump) is bad. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot. Cannot find any drawings or info on the net and Chrysler Corp is less than helpful. Any suggestions in this area would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Al

Al, that is something you have to determine for yourself, pull the back seat cushion and back rest to access the pump, there you will see if it is the pump leaking or hoses.
    Take a flash light and look down the quarter glass window channel to see if the pistons are leaking or pull off the interior quarter seat panels to access the pistons on each side for inspection.
    My bet would be one or both pistons are leaking.
    Glenn Beasley
    Chrysler Tech

maxpower, Jul 26, 2005
  3. Allan9

Allan9 Guest

Glenn
    Thank you. I'll bet in the ten years she's had the car she probably hasn't had the top down 25 times.
    Al

Thanks in advance.
    Al

Al, that is something you have to determine for yourself, pull the back seat cushion and back rest to access the pump, there you will see if it is the pump leaking or hoses.
    Take a flash light and look down the quarter glass window channel to see if the pistons are leaking or pull off the interior quarter seat panels to access the pistons on each side for inspection.
    Glenn Beasley
    Chrysler Tech

Allan9, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Allan9

maxpower Guest

Glenn
    Thank you. I'll bet in the ten years she's had the car she probably hasn't had the top down 25 times.
    Al

Thanks in advance.
    Al

Glenn Beasley
    Chrysler Tech

My wife doesn't use hers either, actually she sticks me with the convertible and takes my Durango all the time

maxpower, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Allan9

Allan9 Guest

It knows it's own way to Giant Eagle (supermarket), Super Kmart, Kohl's (Department store). DOn't drive it much I can't hardly get in or out of it.
    Al

Glenn
    Al

Thanks in advance.
    Al

Glenn Beasley
    Chrysler Tech

My wife doesn't use hers either, actually she sticks me with the convertible and takes my Durango all the time

Allan9, Jul 27, 2005
Ask a Question