95 chrysler Lebaron 3.0L Mitsubishi V6 404t auto trans. Stalls while driving...

Discussion in 'LeBaron' started by aphexcrash, Jan 29, 2004.

1. aphexcrash

aphexcrash Guest

my lebaron 3.0L Mitsubishi V6, 404t auto trans. has about 116000 mi. Died while I was driving around 30 mph. it started when I turn the key then immediatly died again and would not hold idle. I held my foot on the gas until it held idleing. I've replaced the spark plugs, wires, cap, and even coolant sensor. Car died on me once since then and seems to have a lower rpm at higher speeds and rpms dip lower then normal at deceleration and bounces back almost feeling like the car wants to die again. I'm running out of ideas and solutions any good ones out there??
    Thanks, John

aphexcrash, Jan 29, 2004
  2. aphexcrash

Robert Korn Guest

Try cleaning the throttle body. Any carbon on the butterfly or around the
    IAC (idle air control) motor will prevent the car from idling. Just remove
    the throttle body (easy, 2 bolts) and clean thoroughly with carb cleaner and
    a scotch brite pad
    while I was driving around 30 mph. it started when I turn the key then
    immediatly died again and would not hold idle. I held my foot on the gas
    until it held idleing. I've replaced the spark plugs, wires, cap, and even
    coolant sensor. Car died on me once since then and seems to have a lower rpm
    at higher speeds and rpms dip lower then normal at deceleration and bounces
    back almost feeling like the car wants to die again. I'm running out of
    ideas and solutions any good ones out there??

Robert Korn, Jan 30, 2004
  3. aphexcrash

Carl Baron Guest

Fuel filter (clogging causes this problem and also causes fuel pump to burn out). Does you car run when the gas tank is full and then dies as the level drops? If so, then the fuel filter and burned out pump are my best guess.
    Carl

Carl Baron, Jan 30, 2004
Ask a Question