2008 2.4L Touring upgrades...

Discussion in 'Sebring' started by DavidBoren, Jun 6, 2021.

1. DavidBoren

DavidBoren

I have a 2008 Sebring Touring with the 2.4L world engine and 40TES/VLP transmission.

To my knowledge, there isn't a whole lot out there specifically offered for this version of the car... I understand the Avenger/Lancer/200 are all the same chassis/engine, but finding stuff for the Sebring is rare.

I have found the Magnaflow (#16813) stainless steel cat-back. Which is cool and all. But a cat-back can only be expected to do so much without new plumbing forward of the catalytic converter... I would like to ditch the cat, entirely, and burn corn... but I might be getting ahead of myself.

Has anyone installed any of the 2009-2014 Lancer headers from RRM or even OBX?

Found a 180° and 160° Mishimoto thermostat for it, too...
    MMTS-WRA-03L (180°)
    MMTS-NEO-97L (160°)
    I'm thinking about running the SRT4(Neon) 160° thermostat, since I can't find better radiator that will drop in. I'd rather run a better radiator and the 180° thermostat, but it probably doesn't make that much of a difference either way. Fixing flow through the radiator will probably do more than a 20° difference on the thermostat.

Sonnax and Trans-Go both make transnission rebuild/shift kits for the 40TES, although that is hardly specific to the Sebring. Probably going to get both and combine them into one master kit.

Has anyone installed the Traction Concepts LSD conversion for the A604 in a 40TES?

K&N offers cold air intake kits for the 2009 Avenger as well as the 2013 Avenger/200... but nothing specifically for the Sebring. And when I emailed them to ask if either would fit the 2008 Sebring, they said they don't make a kit specifically for that car and cannot comment (probably due to insurance reasons) about using kits not designed for your vehicle.

Does anyone know if either of these cold air intakes fit the 2008 Sebring?
    69-2542TS (2009 Avenger)
    69-2549TS (2013 Avenger/200)

H&R makes lowering springs, but does anyone know where I can find stiffer sway bars? Was there a sportier/performance suspension package offered for the Avenger/Lancer that I can possibly pirate thicker sway bars from for my Sebring?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

DavidBoren, Jun 6, 2021
Ask a Question