2000 grand voyager shifting issue

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by Greeta, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Greeta

Greeta

Hi .. I have a 2000 grand voyager.
    I just replaced both front CV axles, wheel hubs, and brake pads. All seems good EXCEPT
    NOW the shift lever inside the van only works one direction. Once in drive, for example, it will not engage the transmission into reverse. I can put the lever in the park position and get the key out but the transmission will still be whatever gear it was in when I turned it off. I can then open the hood and move the transmission lever on the transmission into park , go inside and voila it is in park and I can thus turn it on. When driving the transmission seems to work great. The fluids are all full too. I just don't get it. The cable is intact and the bushing seems fine, I am at a loss. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Greeta, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Greeta

Greeta

Thought I would update. A plastic clip broke where the cable is mounted near the motor mount. A couple of zip ties one below and one above linked together so far has done the trick. I intend on making a former connection by wrapping wire around both parts. Much easier and cheaper than replacing the whole cable.

Greeta, Feb 4, 2020
Ask a Question