1999 Sebring Convertible 2.5L V-6

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jamie Gilmore, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Jamie Gilmore

Jamie Gilmore

Recently purchased a 1999 Chrysler Sebring JXI Convertible. 2.5 L SOHC V6 engine, 75000 original miles. Car starts up and runs great when cold, once warmed up sounds like a noise in front of engine, I notice a little coolant under car too about where water pump shaft may line up. I notice on ebay kits including timing belt and idlers, water pump and gaskets, valve cover gaskets. Anybody with experience with these engines that can guide me in the right direction? My gut tells me investigating water pump bearing or combination of that with possible noise from timing belt tensioner idlers may be the noise I am hearing warmed up?? Any information you can pass along is greatly appreciated, the car has sat more than driven, I know g.m. engines inside and out but this Mitsubishi is a different animal, heard the 2.5 isn't a bad engine besides being a slug but it is a convertible lol, happy wife, happy life!!! Thx in advance, Jamie

Jamie Gilmore, Feb 27, 2018
Ask a Question