1994 eagle vision transmission problems

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by David, Jul 1, 2016.

1. David

David

I bought a 1994 Eagle Vision ESI 3.3 liter EGA V6 with a 4 speed 42LE automatic transmission 2 week's ago. Until 2 week's ago it had not been driven in 7 years only the engine started. After I purchased it I drove 267 miles back to my home in it with no problems. While driving it to town last week it quit shifting all together and made a whining sound. I pulled over, put it in park and killed the engine, then checked the fluid level which read full on the dip stick but it was a brownish color. After 5 mins I restarted the engine and when it shifted from 1 to 2 gear it stuck in 2. I drove to Wal-Mart bought transmission slip stop by Lucas oil and added it. It shifted correctly and stopped whining for about 5 miles then after stopping at a stop light it would not shift out of 2nd gear again. I parked it at home for a week and today I changed the transmission fluid and filter. I cleaned all the sludge(Yes black sludge)out of the transmission pan and there were NO metal shavings on the magnet. I used STP ATF+4 as that is what it calls for, and it shifted great for about 35 miles then it dropped out of 4th and stayed in 3rd gear. I stopped at a red light and it would not shift back into gear and made a kind of grinding type noise. I put it in neutral, rolled it into a gas station and checked the fluid again which read full and was still nice and clean and red on the dipstick. After letting it idle in park a few minutes I shifted into reverse but it would not go into reverse it made the same horrible noise. I put it in park then into drive and it started to go but began that noise again and quit "driving" the car forward so I put it in neutral and it continued the noise and acted as if it was still trying to engage in gear. I put it back into park, killed the engine and called a friend who pulled me home, with engine not running and the transmission in neutral. After an hour I went out and started the car, moved the shifter to reverse but it won't go into reverse and no longer made any noise. I placed the shifter into drive and it engaged with no noise. I'm need help as for what I can do to fix this. Is it a pcv valve sticking or the TCM and PCM or what?

David, Jul 1, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question