04 300M drivers power seat

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300' started by skooterbum, Feb 27, 2019.

1. skooterbum

skooterbum

I purchased this car a week ago, so I'm still learning it's quirks. Anyways, I ran the driver's seat all the way forward to give me room behind it to remove the back seat. When I went to run the drivers seat back, it doesn't move. I didn't force it forward, nor hold the power button for an extended time to gain more room. When I saw the seat stop moving forward I released the power button.

I pulled the switch from the passenger seat, which works, and connected it to the driver's seat, and still nothing. The motor makes noise. I can see the left cable end that comes from the motor, and it makes about a 2 deg turn forward or reverse, when I activate the switch, but that's it. The seat doesn't move. I've pulled the seat from the car, and have it in my basement.

Has anyone ever replaced the power seat motors on the 2004's ?? I've been online, and haven't found a replacement motor for this year car. Is there a way to run the seat back on the tracks now that I have it out of the car, so I can at least drive it until I figure out how to fix it ??

Any advice will be appreciated !!

skooterbum, Feb 27, 2019
Ask a Question